Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Sheep Hear my Voice

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes.  So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." John 3:8 ESV

"At the time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem.  It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the cononade of Solomon.  So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense?  If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.  Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe.  The works that I do in my Father's  name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not part of my flock.  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.  I and the Father are one."
The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.  Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?"  The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."  Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, I said, you are gods'?  If he called them gods to whom the word of God came--and Scripture cannot be broken--do you say of him who the Father consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blashpeming,' because I said, I am the Son of God'?  If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."  Again, they sought to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.
He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing at first, and there he remained.  And many came to him.  And they said, "John did no sign, but everything that John said about this man was true.  And many believed in him there.  John 10:22-42 ESV

"For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!):  I am the LORD, and there is no other, I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, Seek me in vain.  I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right." Isaiah 45:18-19 ESV

Let's pray:  Dear Lord Jesus,  You are Lord over all.  You are a mighty God and we bow down to you and worship You above anything else.  You are always faithful and truthful and it is only in You, Jesus and Your sacrifice on the cross that we can be saved.  I pray for those who do not really know You, Lord, that their eyes will be opened and the spiritual darkness that envelopes them will be lifted.  I pray for those who think they know You, but in fact do not.  I pray that Your words in the Bible will touch their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Jesus said that no one can snatch believers out of His hand.  Thank You for this wonderful protection from the evil one in this world.  I pray for Your wisdom and Your favor over your flock.  Thank You Lord for all the wonderful blessings that You have given us.  I am so very grateful that You are always there and will never leave those who are believers in Christ. I say these things in Jesus' Holy name.  Amen.

Remember... you will only find the real Jesus in the Bible. 

www.karenejklein.com




No comments:

Post a Comment