Thursday, July 7, 2011

Can You Paint The Wind?

I was sitting in my car the other day waiting for my son.  It was a beautiful, sunny, windy day.  The trees were swaying so gracefully in the wind.  As I watched those trees it brought me back to a day in 1991.  My dad was dying of cancer. My mom,  myself and our pastor the Reverend Cully Anderson were in the hospital cafeteria.  There were lots of big windows all around the cafeteria and it also was a sunny spring day.  I remember crying about missing my dad and all those things father's do for their children.  I was so very heartbroken at the coming loss of my dad.  Pastor Cully said some comforting words that still comfort me to this day.  He asked me to look out the window and notice how the trees are moving in the wind.  Pastor Cully went on to say that the wind is like the spirit, invisible, yet we can see the effect from the wind.  We cannot see the wind itself, but we can feel it and we can see the things it moves. The next day my dad passed on.  Because he was a born-again Christian I know my dad is in heaven with the Lord.  In my grief I found myself taking really long walks.  These walks were so soothing because I would feel the wind on my face and in my hair.  With the gentle wind I felt God's arms wrapping around me and letting me know He was taking care of my dad and me too.  So back to my question, can you paint the wind?  No I cannot paint the wind, but I can paint the effects from the wind.  Our Father in heaven is an awesome God who has created everything on this earth and in the universe.  Our God from the Bible is the only one who can paint the wind. So remember, when you are feeling like God isn't there or He doesn't hear you go outside and feel the wind.  He is there wrapping His arms around you too. 
John 3:8 NIV, "The wind blows where ever it pleases.  You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
Mark 11:22 NIV, "Have faith in God, Jesus answered."

Let's pray:  Dear Lord Jesus, I pray for anyone who is reading this that they will come to have faith in You.  I pray that You will wrap Your loving arms around them. I pray for anyone reading this who is unsaved.  I pray for your salvation and I remember Jesus' words "Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born-again.'"  John 3:5-7 NIV.  My prayer for you out there in the world is that you will choose Jesus.  I pray you will choose to be born-again. Ask Jesus into your heart and ask Him to forgive you for your sins.  Jesus loves you and He is waiting to hear from you. I say these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

www.karenejklein.com

2 comments: