Sunday, July 3, 2011

Answered Prayers

This is a painting of my dog Amy Rose.  She loves to play soccer so that is why I included her favorite soccer ball.  Amy is such a sweet dog and we really love her.  Back in 2003 when my golden ret. Sophie died suddenly I was heartbroken.  I remember praying that the Lord would bring another sweet golden ret. into our lives.  Well, the Lord answered that prayer and Amy Rose entered our lives.  She and our other little dog, Misty are best friends.  Fast forward to 2011 and Amy Rose started having seizures.  We had an MRI done and it revealed a benign brain tumor.  The surgery  to remove this tumor is pretty expensive and so I prayed that the Lord would provide the money.  Again, the Lord answered my prayer because within two hours of praying I had the money for Amy's surgery.  Amy had her surgery a week ago and she is doing great.  Today I was feeling a little anxious about Amy's future health.  I said out loud to God to please heal her completely and I just need to hear His voice. In the past the Lord has spoken to me through His word and so I opened the Bible.  Many times a verse will pop out and this is what I read: "When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death.  No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." John 11:4.  After I read this all my anxious feelings went away.  I know the Lord's hand is on my Amy Rose.  I know she will be OK because the Lord said "this sickness will not end in death". Talk to the Lord, read the Bible and listen for His still, small voice.  Then rest in the peace that only Jesus can give you.

www.karenejklein.com

No comments:

Post a Comment