Wednesday, June 5, 2013

1John 3:22 and More

When I take a walk with my sweet golden retriever, Amy Rose I usually pray silently.  They are just simple conversations with Jesus.  So many times I am in awe of His beautiful creation in all those springtime flowers!

I have been reading "The MacArthur Study Bible, English Standard Version.  It is a really good Bible to have because it gives you an explanation of what the Bible verses mean.  I came across 1John 3:22-24 and then read the explanation.  I will type the verses here and also the explanation.  I hope you will find it helpful in your walk with our Lord Jesus. 

"and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.  And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.  Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him.  And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us." 1John 3:22-24 ESV

Here is the explanation for 1John 3:22, "The second benefit of love is answered prayer (see v. 19, By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him).  Since love is the heart of obedience to the law (cf. Matt 22:37-40; Rom. 13:8-10), its presence in a life evidences submission to God, which he blesses by answered prayers."  (MacArthur Study Bible ESV, page 1920)

Here is the explanation for 1John 3:23-24, "Cf. 4:13.  These verses again repeat the three features of this epistle--believing, loving, and obeying--which are the major evidences of true salvation.  The third benefit of love is the abiding presence and empowering of the Holy Spirit." (MacArthur Study Bible ESV, page 1920)

Talk to God and read the Bible.  Are you truly saved?  Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you and show you the truth.

Let's pray:  Dear Lord Jesus,  I lift up everyone who is reading this today.  Thank You Lord for  all the blessings You have provided me.  I pray for those searching for Jesus.  I pray that they will find the one true Jesus found only in the Bible.  I pray that the spirit of deception will be withered away in Jesus' name and not touch us.  I ask for the Lord to protect us and keep us safe.  I pray Psalm 91 over you all and over my household.  I say these things in Jesus' Holy name. Amen.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

www.karenejklein.com


No comments:

Post a Comment